Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tomo Yanagishita

I first saw Tomo in Dream Live 5th where he played the role of Kaidoh Kaoru, the shy type but scary guy with the green bandana. My friend said that Kaidoh isn’t supposed to be cute. He’s just supposed to act cute. And I definitely agree. But even though Tomo is not fit to be Kaidoh Kaoru, I still think he’s the coolest Kaidoh ever… Sorry for being biased.

I watched Dream Live 4th, where Tomo also played Kaidoh, next …


Yeah, I know, I’m in the wrong order. But you see, I’m not really a fan of TeniMyu. I watched it because my friend is addicted to it and I think it wasn’t bad at all. I’m still not a fan of TeniMyu until now. I just happen to like some of the cast like Hirata Yuichirou, Masataka Nakagauchi, Baba Toru and of course, Tomo. I also like the casting of Rikkaidai Fuzoku.

Dream Live 5th was Tomo’s last performance as Kaidoh Kaoru. He is the only 3rd cast in the Seigaku’s side while the others were all 4th cast which means he is the senpai. He sang “Ore wa Mamushi” (I am a viper), Kaidoh’s theme song, while dancing some snake moves. Yeah, he certainly has a special number. And while singing “The Regulars” with the other Seigaku cast, he wasn’t able to perform well because he was already crying…aww…I guess that’s when I decided to become a fan of Tomo.

Anyway, I decided to read his blog translation next. I found this site in live journal that translates blog of some Japanese actors including Tomo.

I noticed he has such a sweet personality. He is the only Japanese I know who introduces his whole family in his blog bit by bit. He’s a shopaholic and he collects necklaces. (He even has a collection of rosaries. I’m not sure if Japanese people couldn’t really tell the difference of a rosary to a necklace or if it was just Tomo) I don’t know if he got tired of his necklace collection but recently he decided to collect something else… piercing!
I also found out from an interview that Tomo made a girl cry when he was in grade school. There was this cute girl he likes… He didn’t mention the details of how he managed to make her cry but it turns out that the girl liked him too but that was before he made her cry. He found it all out from the girl’s friend.

Videos I watched where Tomo is a part of...

TeniMyu

Takumi-kun Series
( A BL movie)

Taiga Roman Trilogy
(He’s the main cast. Couldn’t understand it. I can’t find a subbed version.)

Akai Ito...
as Natsu, the soccer player who made a girl pregnant.

Kakushi Gei...
this is gymnastics. It’s amazing that Tomo can actually perform like that. Too bad he had a bad fall during one of the rehearsals. I’m glad it wasn’t that bad.

NEP League...
in his posts he mentioned that he's not smart but he asked the fans to watch the show. After watching it, I have to agree with him. He made a lot of mistakes and I think the funniest part is when he answered America on the geography question when the shaded region was Mexico. I was laughing so hard. How in the world did he mistake Mexico for America??! Besides America is huge, not to mention it’s a continent and not a country. Tomo was laughing at himself, too. And I guess he knew it was wrong but he still went on saying it. Still, it was a fun game. I couldn’t find the subbed video so I watched it in pure Japanese. I have to watch it so many times before I was able to understand some of it. I would be very happy if someone will be kind enough to make a sub for it.

Ren'ai Shindan~Tsubasa no Kakera...
another BL... and another nose-bleed. I couldn’t find a subbed version.

Detective Conan Movie 1...
I spent so much time looking for him in this movie. It turned out he was one of the classmates of Ran and Shinichi. I watched this movie before I met Tomo so I had to watch it again just to look for him. Haha!

Tomo's Livejournal Community here
Tomo's fanlisting here
Tomo's Japanese blog here
Blog translation here

Fan Letter Address:

〒160-0022
東京都新宿区新宿1-5-1-5F
オフィシャルファンクラブ「D plus」
D plus「柳下 大」宛

Yanagishita Tomo
Official Fan Club 「D plus」
1-5-1-5F Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo 160-0022
Japan

credits:
[info]disutansu





i










9 comments:

  1. awww. He is so Hot and Cute at the same time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. yoroshiku... boku wa rhum desu...
    Gomen... i can't right in either kanji, katakana or hiragana in my laptop... but i know how to right those characters.... one thing though, how did you know your kanji name because i'd like to know mine too...
    Boku wa Nihon no koto suki desu... i love everything about japan... even the manga... i bought some manga both Japanese and Translated ones... hope we can be friends...

    anyway, I love TOMO... he looks so cute and young... I always imagine him as a boy until I saw AKAI ito... Anyway, he is gorgeous... TOMO no koto suki da!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Don't get me wrong.. I'm not good in Japanese. I only know a bit. I can't translate manga and I can't type kanji in my laptop either... I can't read manga without translations and watch anime and jdrama without subs. And I really believe you're much much better in Japanese than me.
    I would love to be your friend though.. Hope you're not disappointed...
    As for my kanji name, I just made it up. I mean since my name is Joyce I thought yorokobi would fit. Haha!
    Since we both have the same interests let's be friends! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i'm a fan of Tomo-kun, too. nice to meet u :D he's so cute, and i really love him in Takumi ss1.I don't watch ss 2,3,4,5 because of he's a perfect Takumi for me ;)
    His Takumi has a little shy, naive and so much cute. I fell in love with him at first sight :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kokoro86
    I'm glad to meet a fan of tomo coz as you can see there are only a few people who knows him. I also wasn't able to watch the other takumi-kun series coz i'm not really a fan of BL movies. but I do watch them sometimes. I only watched takumi-kun series 1 coz of Tomo... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like him very much, his act in Hana Kimi is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @sufisufi. Actually Tomo is not part of Hana kimi ^^ Maybe you mean, Ikuta Toma?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! Just read you post and blog .I enjoyed it :) am a Tomo fan also..

    ReplyDelete