Friday, April 24, 2009

New Moon



I’ve been reading Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Series book 2: New Moon. It’s been a long time since I last read a novel because I’ve been addicted to TeniMyu and anything related to Japanese.

Vampires are really interesting. If someone will ask me whether I believe that vampires exist or not, I probably wouldn’t be able to answer. I need more facts before I decide to believe that they really do exist. But I guess it’s interesting to meet some of them as long as they’re vegetarian vampires like Edward Cullen who only drink animal’s blood. I wonder how terrible their lives were, having to do things they hate just so they could live. I mean, vampire’s only means of survival is to drink blood but most vampires were once human and for some of them, killing other human beings to satisfy their hunger is not a very easy thing to do. And so they begin to hate themselves for being the way they are when it’s not even their fault that they became like that.

That’s usually the source of conflict in most books and movies about vampires. And it’s really interesting especially stories about love between a vampire and a human being.
The biggest question is: Is it justifiable for the vampire to turn the one he loves into a vampire if that is the only way for them to live peacefully together?

In case of Edward and Bella in Twilight, Edward doesn’t want Bella to become a vampire although she desperately wanted to. For Edward, vampires are naturally evil and there’s no heaven for them. And he doesn’t want Bella to have the same fate as his. For me, I don’t care whether Bella became a vampire or not as long as it’s a happy ending for the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment