Monday, June 22, 2009

Heroes: Saving Charlie

I finished reading Heroes: Saving Charlie today. I was a bit disappointed but it's still worth reading...
As expected (if you watched Heroes) Hiro wasn't able to save Charlie.
Why? Because she chose to die! She knows she will be murdered on October 4 because Hiro warned her and yet she chose to die. Such a stupid girl.

I was a little bit disappointed because the writer wasn't able to adopt the Japanese culture in Hiro's personality..
Sorry about being so particular about that..

But seriously... while I was reading the book, I imagine an American geek instead of a Japanese. Even his thoughts are so american-like.
There are a lot of intimate scenes in the novel and I can't imagine Hiro Nakamura (who looks like picachu) in those kinds of situations. I can imagine him infatuated but in love?? Heck, no!
Oh, well I think I'm just too narrow-minded...

No comments:

Post a Comment